Skinnysimplerecipes top

October 11, 2012

Chicken & Feta Grilled Sandwich

Nothing is better than a gooey grilled sandwich. My spin today on the traditional sandwich and the ingredients makes this sandwich so creamy and delicious. I am using hummus, feta cheese and cooked chicken. I like to try new things and make my lunch special each day!! 




Ingredients: (1 serving) 

½ cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
(I cook chicken breast with some olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper)
1 tbsp. feta cheese
2 tbsp. hummus (try my recipe!)
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
2 slices whole wheat bread, or any of your choice.
Spinach leaves or any greens

Directions:

Spread 1 tbsp. hummus onto each slice of the bread.

Top the first one with chicken, feta and season well with freshly cracked pepper. Add your greens and top with the second slice to form a sandwich.

Use you Panini grill or preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray the sandwich with some olive oil and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

I like to cut my sandwich into 4 triangle to make it look special and makes me feel full.   

Serve immediately.


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!
    I may just have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red Apron, I've been missing your nice comments :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...